Friday, July 18, 2008

Ready for Racing

Saturday is the first of two days for the Mustang Club of Central Iowa annual trip to Mid America Motorplex (MAM) just south of Omaha, NE. I'm taking the 94 over. This will be its 2nd trip out. The first time out was at the same track, pure stock suspension with Hoosiers and Cobra front brakes. I had a 1:54.6, which isn't too bad of a time. With all of the parts and time that I've put into the car for this event, I'm hoping that I can beat my previous time. Under 1:50 would be cool, but close to that would be fine. I don't have the car cross-weighed, and with coilovers that might be a challenge. I'll do some adjustments at the track if things are really out of whack... assuming that the suspension is what gives me fits. A 175K mile car may have a slight issue here or there. Hopefully not this trip!

No comments: