Wednesday, July 9, 2008

One off the wish list!



I picked up this car tonight. Pretty good deal, has just a bit of major rust in the trunk and the frame rails. Could have more, but won't know until we start to tear into it. The guy that did the work on my Grandma's 69 Mustang has no work right now, so he's willing to get the work done for $25 an hour. He's going to call with an estimate tomorrow. I'm hoping to be under $1000 for the work. That's likely one of the only major safety issues, but we'll see.

The car was on Craigslist without pictures a few days ago. On Sunday the guy put pictures up. Looks pretty good. Its a so so paint job. Perfect for the Twenty Footer Garage! Not much racing planned for this car, its had its share already. Story is that the son of the guy that owns Eddieville Race Way used to drag this car. It has a 351W with 4 barrel, automatic, and supposed to be something like 4.10 gears.

I'm going to see if I can get it running, and just turn it into a driver. Then, if I want down the road, can restore it. Seems to be a trend...

No comments: