The 96 Convertible was first. Drove it on the trailer, even with the really bad sound. Off to Waterloo we went. After it was off the trailer and in the shop Mila and I went to Subway for lunch. While eating Gary called and said it was fixed. Turned out that the damper on the front was loose! He kept the car for the week and corrected a few other things, and we returned a week or so later with the 96 Mystic.
With the help of Mila's dad we got the beast on the trailer. Since it was really apart we couldn't drive it on the trailer like the convertible. The engine was in the back of the truck that I bought from a guy locally for $350. A ton of parts were with us too to get the thing running again. I think that Gary spent a ton of time on this car. Could have been the challenge... not sure, just glad that I didn't need to finish it. The car runs great with the Kenne Bell supercharger and Lincoln Mark VIII engine. Not quite as fast after the tune at Lund Motors, but at least the engine is still in one piece.
Other car projects planned for this year are: 93 Lincoln Mark VIII - currently with Gary to get new suspension and brakes done. The 00 Lightning is after that with brakes, suspension, plugs, coils, and misc fixes like an oil leak. After that is the big project - the 94 Mustang GT. Taking out the coilovers and moving to H&R springs, new bushings all around, correcting the exhaust, changing some of the steering parts to solidify them, etc. Quite a bit of money going into that project.
Well, all for now. Hopefully I'll write again before another year passes!
No comments:
Post a Comment